You will not be able to enter the facility area with your own car, but please do not worry! Free transport will be provided, and people with disabilities as well as older persons will be taken right to the spectator stands!
The main entrance to the Duszniki Arena complex will be located in the part of Duszniki called Podgorze. The buses and minibuses will run from designated parking lots and bus stops in the city and outside the city. You will have to take a short 600-metre walk from there to get to the fan zone and the entrance to the stands, or the track.
The locations of parking lots will be published on the website at a later date.
There is also a second entrance recommend for people who are going to cheer contenders along the routes. This entrance is located more than 1.5km away from the city centre and you can get there only by leaving your car in the city. You can start your walking tour from the Market Square (Rynek) and go the Hanka Sawicka Street heading to the Jozef Wybicki Street, then follow the marked route to the entrance.
Duszniki-Zdroj can be reached:
- by car via the National Road No. 8, 110 km from Wroclaw and via E67, 174 km from Prague.
- By train and bus – http://www.e-podroznik.pl/
- The nearest airports are located in Wroclaw (110km), Prague (174km) and Katowice (252km).
Attractions in Duszniki-Zdroj and the surrounding area:
- Zieleniec Ski Station – during winter, snow lies here typically for as much as 150 days! Zieleniec Ski Arena offers 24 ski and gondola lifts, including 5 modern chairlifts and 22 kilometres of perfectly prepared tracks. Most of the tracks are lit, so skiers can schuss to the late evening hours. Downhill ski runs at the resort are adapted to different skiing techniques: from very easy tracks for beginner skiers to very demanding ski runs. Zieleniec resort features a snowpark and a full-sized halfpipe available to freestyle skiers and snowboarders. You can use one common ski pass to ride all ski and gondola lifts in the resort, and you can also purchase the ski pass in an online store. For more information, please visit www.zieleniec.pl
- Mineral water drinking rooms in Duszniki-Zdroj, Polanica-Zdroj and Kudowa-Zdroj.
- Museum of Papermaking (1605) in Duszniki-Zdroj – the only surviving paper mill in Poland – is a unique paper mill, a precious European technical monument. It acquired the status of a historical monument by the decision of the President of the Republic of Poland in 2011. This way the building of the Museum of Papermaking was formally included in the group of most valuable monuments of special importance for the culture of our country.
- The Frederic Chopin Spa Theatre, colloquially also called the Chopin’s Manor, is a place which has been always at the core of spa’s cultural life. It was built between 1802-1805, and Frederic Chopin gave his first charity concert there in 1826. The property is available to the public every day between 10.00am to 5.00pm. It is also the place to get information on other monuments in the city and buy souvenirs.
- Klodzko Fortress and Labyrinths – the most valuable piece of modern military architecture in Poland tempts the visitors with its mystery and vastness. The bastions and chambers can be seen here, and also a guide can walk you through the underground mining tunnels. There is a wonderful view of Klodzko and the entire Valley from the observation deck.